Sunday 26 January 2014

2013 in Pictures

Hello everyone,

As we head into the last part of January now, 2013 seems but a distant memory, when in fact it was less than 4 weeks ago!

I wanted to share with you all some of my memories of 2013, but it's nearly impossible to pick the best moments, so instead I am just going to post the links to my Flickr sets from last year, which you can browse at your leisure.

We started the year at the Disneyland Resort in California, finishing up our extended Christmas and New Year trip there.
Flickr set for California Christmas/New Year is here.

A few days later we drove from Virginia to Philadelphia, where we saw the Disney On Ice show, Rockin' Ever After, and met with some old friends of mine who now live in New Jersey.
Flickr set for Disney On Ice is here.

In February we were in Disneyland Paris for Valentine's, and had a wonderful time with friends.
Flickr set for Disneyland Paris Valentine's is here.

At the end of March/start of April we were in Walt Disney World for Easter.
Flickr set for Walt Disney World Easter is here.

On the 10th April I met with friends of ours in London, and we attended the Disneyland Paris Shareholder's Club Round Table meeting.
Flickr set for the meeting is here.

Then, at the end of April, we travelled to Hong Kong to begin our epic around the world adventure!
Flickr set for Hong Hong is here.

Our trip to Hong Kong led us into May, where we travelled to Tokyo, Japan to visit Tokyo Disney Resort.
Flickr set for Japan is here.

From Japan we flew across the Pacific Ocean to Los Angeles, California, to visit the Disneyland Resort.
Flickr set for California in May is here.

After California, the next stop was Walt Disney World in Florida, where for the first time ever, I celebrated my birthday at a Disney Park!
Flickr set for Walt Disney World in May is here.

Finally, after Florida it was off to Paris, where we celebrated the grand finale of our world trip at an amazing gala dinner show at Disneyland Paris!
Flickr set for the Paris finale is here.

After all that craziness, we had a rest in June and July. I should point out that it was in June that we finally found out the US Supreme Court decision on DOMA. It was that decision that led us to do what we would do in August (finally!... see below), and spurred me on to create this blog!
You can read my very first post I made on this blog, here. It's quite long and detailed, and gives you a good insight into my life, and how Jon and I met.

As I said above, August was a big month for us, as it was the month we finally got married at Jon's parent's house in Maryland! Surrounded by friends and family, we had a truly wonderful day.
My Flickr wedding photo set is here.

After that, we visited some dear friends of ours in New York. I don't have any public photos of that, as I wanted to just enjoy our time there, and not be bogged down with my big DSLR camera, like I usually am.

Later in August we attended the Disney Junior Live! Pirate and Princess Adventure show, in Charlottesville, VA.
Flickr set for Disney Jr Live can be seen here.

Shortly after that, we flew back to Disneyland in California, where we had some late summer fun, which led us into September.
Flickr set for Disneyland September is here.

September came and went, and October arrived. We visited Disneyland Paris with Jon's family, who were in Europe on a cruise.
See my Disneyland Paris Halloween Flickr set here.

In November my childhood heroes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were visiting a mall near where I live, so I just had to go see them!
My Turtles Flickr set is here.

Finally December arrived, and we were back in Disneyland Paris for Christmas and New Year, where we rang in 2014 with our good friends.
My Disneyland Paris Christmas set is here.

So there we have it! My amazing year in pictures, or links, I guess!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment