Sunday 30 June 2013

Birth Certificate Ordered! Important info for those who need theirs!

Hello everyone,

Well I said I was going to document every step of the way, and here we are!
This evening I ordered the long/full version of my birth certificate from the UK General Register Office.
When you are born in the UK your parents do not necessarily have to take a copy of the "long certificate" (for what ever reason), but instead get a smaller one, that does not have their names on it.

When you apply for a visa for the US, your birth certificate has to be the long version. If your parents did not collect this, and only have the small one, this is not valid proof for the US visa.

Anyway, it's fairly easy to apply for. You fill in your details as required, and make the card payment online.
There isn't an option for the long or hort version, so don't worry about ordering the wrong thing - they will always send you the long version.

It costs GBP 9.25 (sorry, I don't have a UK pound sign!).

The next thing I'll need to order online is my Police Certificate for the US visa... Although these have limited validity, so I will do that nearer the time as required. They cost GBP 45.

Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment