Friday 28 June 2013

The Color Purple

Hello everyone,

This blog entry isn't about Alice Walker's acclaimed lesbian novel (as much as I love it!), it's just the title seemed apt somehow!

I was looking on the internet for websites that list gay friendly wedding venues.
I found Purple Unions, and although it looks a bit cheesy on the outset, actually has a wealth of information.

For example, Jon and I are looking to get married in Maryland.
So, I selected the USA-MD option from the locator, and selected Officiants as the venue search category (you can search everything from photographers, receptions venues and ministers to conduct the ceremony), and it brought up all the venues in Maryland that are listed as gay friendly.

If there's anyone out there who doesn't know where to start looking, then definitely check it out!

Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment